The Handover Book - A unique and simple communication book for sperated families. 
To find out more or order a copy of the book,  please visit the website:

Family law reduced fees scheme launched to help people in a “jam”  16/12/2016
A new scheme is being launched this month offering a more affordable legal advice service to people who are “just about managing” financially – or “Jams.” The hourly rate under this scheme is set at around £125 per hour (plus VAT), and is available to people with income of less than £20,000 per annum and under £20,000 of accessible savings. The scheme is accessible through the OnlyMums & OnlyDads’ Family Law Panel and operated and delivered by family solicitors who are members of Resolution, the national family law organisation. OnlyMums & OnlyDads is a registered not-for-profit Community Interest Company and has been running their Family Law Panel for 3 years. The Panel consists entirely of members of Resolution, who sign up to a service level agreement. This offers individuals coming through OnlyMums & OnlyDads an initial free conversation, with the aim of outlining the options available to best overcome particular legal issues and problems.

Recommended Services
The following services are recommended:

  1. For more information about family mediation and to find the nearest mediation service (including those providing a MIAM):
  2. For a Guide about children and the family courts for separating parents (including representing yourself in court): the form 'CB7':
  3. For Cafcass (England):
  4. For CAFCASS Cymru (Wales):
  5. To find a legal adviser or family mediator:
  6. To check whether you can get financial help (legal aid) to pay for non-court dispute resolution, &/or advice and representation at court, and to find a legal aid solicitor or mediator: 
  7. For general advice about sorting out arrangements for children, the use of post-separation mediation, &/or going to court: or 
  8. For general advice on separation services and options for resolving
  9. For general advice about sorting out arrangements for children:
  10. For the form to apply for a child arrangements order: 
  11. For help with taking a case to court without a lawyer, the Personal Support Unit:
  12. For guidance on representing yourself at court, including a list of commonly used terms that you may come across:
  13. For advice about finding and using a family law solicitor see: Law Society, and Resolution (family law solicitors):
  14. For advice about finding using a family law barrister: see, and for arrangements for using a barrister directly see
  15. National Association of Child Contact Centres
  16. Family Action Provide practical, emotional and financial support for families. Tel: 020 7241 7459 (2pm to 4pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only).
  17. Homestart UK Support provided to families in their homes. Tel: 08000 68 63 68.
  18. National Family Mediation Association of local family mediation services helping couples resolve contact arrangements for children. Tel: 0300 4000 636.
  19. Newpin Works with parents and other primary carers of children in need of support. Tel: 020 7358 5900.
  20. NSPCC Information and advice for anyone concerned about or at risk of child abuse. Tel: 0808 800 5000.
  21. CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service).Publications for adults ( including parenting plan) young children, older children and young people. Tel 0844 3534332.
  22. Families Need Fathers Families Need Fathers - Provides information & support to parents. National Helpline 0300 0300 363.
  23. Family Action Provide practical, emotional and financial support for families. Tel: 020 7254 6251 (2pm to 4pm on Wednesday and Thursday only).
  24. Family Mediation Helpline General info on family mediation. Info and advice on eligibility for public funding. Tel 0845 6026627.
  25. Fatherhood Institute National Information service for fatherhood and exists to promote close and positive relationships between men and their children. Tel 0845 634 1328.
  26. Gingerbread Main support system for lone parents - self help groups & advice line. Tel 0808 802 0925.
  27. Grandparent Association Working with and for grandparents. Has a list of lawyers who will work with grandparents. Tel 0845 434 9585.
  28. Lone Parent Helpline Information and free publications on the key issues faced by lone parents. Advice on maintenance, benefits, legal rights and childcare. Tel 0800 018 502 (England) 0808 801 0323 (Scotland).
  29. National Domestic Violence Helpline National Domestic Violence Helpline run by Women's aid and Refuge - Offers support, help and information (including hostel information). Free 24 hour helpline Tel 0808 2000 247.
  30. Coram Children's Legal Centre Providing legal information and representation on all issues of the law relating to children and young people. Tel 0808 8020008.
  31. Civil Legal Advice Free legal advice if eligible for legal aid. Tel 0845 345 4345
  32. Family Rights Group The advice service is for families whose children are involved with children's services. Service is confidential using qualified social workers or lawyers. Advice, advocacy and information. Monday to Friday 10-3.30 Tel 0808 801 0366.
  33. Resolution Association of solicitors specialising in family law. Tel 01689 820272.

Legal Advice


Kids Stuff

Watch the video to find out how four different children get on at a centre. (video courtesy of Relationship Scotland

The Salisbury Child Contact Centre is an independently funded project which is managed by Wessex Community Action, a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee, Registered Charity No. 1019716